It's about time I updated and wrote about this.
In the past I write about various Hot-End failures, so I designed my own hot end which still works and I still use from time to time.
That Hot end works well but is VERY Dribbly, resulting in rather untidy prints.
I put together an updated standard Reprap hot-end :
This also failed. The PTFE split where it screws into the Brass Nozzle.
Several design ideas later I found a combination that prints cleanly and is strong enough.
The Nozzle is unchanged from the standard reprap design.
The PTFE has a shoulder turned onto it at 10.5mm dia X 4 mm long.
The PEEK is drilled to 8mm then 10.5mm approx 6mm deep.
The PTFE sits inside the PEEK block supporting it.
The Heater I make 8 mm thick, rather than 10mm. It's Pictured here with resistor and Thermistor installed.
This has proven a strong and resillient Hot-End.
I have made and sold a good few of these with no complaints.
You will find these hot ends on sale at http://www.emakershop.com